This office offers these residences to the community at-large and has adopted the following policies. These policies are subject to change as needed in order to ensure proper management of each of these units:
- An application and non-refundable fee of $30 per application is required. Payment must be by check or money order made out to UNC Property Office with a memo referencing the address. All tenants who will be living in the house must be included on the application.
- Monthly income must be at least 2.5 times greater than the monthly charged rent.
- If income is not greater than 2.5 times rent, a Lease Guarantor or a signatory to the lease contract whose income is sufficiently high will be required.
- UNC reserves the right to complete a credit check for all signatories to the contract or Lease Guarantors.
- Pets are allowed only with prior approval and must be noted on the application. UNC reserves the right to charge a pet fee for each pet at the residence. Failure to notify UNC of a pet in residence will result in additional fees and penalties and may result in eviction for violation of the lease.
- Each leased unit can be secured once an application is approved and a security deposit equal to the first month of rent is received.
- Prior to first day of lease, UNC must receive first month of rent in certified funds.
- Tenants must have renter’s insurance and provide verification to this office.
The North Carolina Fair Housing Act makes it illegal to discriminate in housing because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental handicaps, or family status (families with children). The law applies to the sale, rental and financing of residential housing.